Residents gathered at Cumming City Hall to talk about Hometown Pride and the future of their community! Below are the notes from the discussion. If you would like to help work on these ideas, or one of your own, join the Hometown Pride volunteer team. We are looking for people who want to be occasional volunteers (to help 2-3 times per year) or committee members (meet monthly). Or feel free to just drop us a line to share any ideas you have for Cumming! Contact us here.
DISCUSSION ON THE FUTURE OF CUMMING 2.6.18
Things we like about Cumming:
- Has a small-town feel, but still “8 minutes from everything”
- Bike path
- New flower pots in park and on street are a nice addition
- Cumming tap and the Distillery both attract people to town
- Legion and Parks group both doing positive things
Things we could do to improve Cumming:
- Add an attraction/amenity at the trail head, and paint lines in the parking lot
- Fix up the alley behind the Legion/Tap
- Provide more ways to meet your neighbors: music in the park? yoga in the park?
- Take advantage of “bike nights” at Cumming tap, perhaps by hosting a complementary community event at the same time, or using the opportunity to promote Cumming
- Purchase better Christmas Lights for decorating the town
- Provide more ways to share community news (not just the post office)
- Connect the bike trail to the new part of town (and to Norwalk?)
- What can bring people in the newer developments into “old town?”
- Do more Christmas events: Pets with Santa? Tree lighting in the park?
What would you add to this list? What can we do to ensure a great future for Cumming?