Indianola Hometown Pride is looking for new members! Will you join us?
Indianola Hometown Pride is a group of Indianola residents who love our town and are working to make it even better.
Bring neighbors together to build a sense of community, create and improve public amenities, and celebrate what makes our hometowns great.
- Led effort to receive “Iowa Great Places” designation for Indianola;
- Coordinated Indianola’s “holiday lanes” (Christmas lights);
- Planning Indianola “cultural walk”;
- Yard-of-the-month awards;
- Square clean-up;
- Directory of local non-profit organizations;
- “Warren County Strong” banner display on square
Reasons to join
- Work with a great team of people who love Indianola!
- Access to a powerful platform to help our community, since we have a state-wide network of support and the backing of our City government.
- Perfect opportunity to work on your “big idea” for Indianola – we are a volunteer-driven group and we want your ideas!
Find out more about us on Facebook: @indianolahometownpride or warrencountyhometown.com
How to apply
Interested residents are asked to fill out a simple application at this link and submit by June 7: https://www.indianolaiowa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/98/Boards-and-Commissions-Application-PDF?bidId=
Indianola Hometown Pride is a committee of the City of Indianola, and members are appointed by City Council. New member terms will begin July 1 and last for 2 years.
If you are considering applying, we encourage you to speak with a current member of our group, or email us at email@example.com to learn more and see if this group is a good fit for you.
Our current members are Jessica Schneider (Chair), Taylor Litchkey, Amy Duncan, Heidi Levine, Jennifer Pfeifer-Malaney (Treasurer), Monica Thompson (Vice Chair), Jo Reynolds, Emily Roush-Bobolz, Staci Scheurenbrand, Josh Weitzel, Doug Bylund (Staff), and Lorin Ditzler (Staff).