Indianola Hometown Pride is looking for new members! Will you join us?
Indianola Hometown Pride is a group of Indianola residents who love our town and are working to make it even better.
Bring neighbors together to build a sense of community, create and improve public amenities, and celebrate what makes our hometowns great.
- Led effort to receive “Iowa Great Places” designation for Indianola;
- Coordinated Indianola’s “holiday lanes” (Christmas lights);
- Planning Indianola “cultural walk”;
- Yard-of-the-month awards;
- Square clean-up;
- Directory of local non-profit organizations;
- “Warren County Strong” banner display on square
Reasons to join
- Work with a great team of people who love Indianola!
- Access to a powerful platform to help our community, since we have a state-wide network of support and the backing of our City government.
- Perfect opportunity to work on your “big idea” for Indianola – we are a volunteer-driven group and we want your ideas!
Find out more about us on Facebook: @indianolahometownpride or warrencountyhometown.com
How to apply
Interested residents are asked to fill out a simple application at this link: https://www.indianolaiowa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/98/Boards-and-Commissions-Application-PDF?bidId=
Indianola Hometown Pride is a committee of the City of Indianola, and members are appointed by City Council. New member terms begin July 1 and last for 2 years. Mid-term vacancies will be appointed for the remainder of the term.
If you are considering applying, we encourage you to speak with a current member of our group to learn more and see if this group is a good fit for you. You can also contact us through our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/indianolahometownpride or our contact form: Contact
Our current members are Mindy Blanchard, Amy Duncan, Michelle Holland (Treasurer), Heidi Levine, Katherine Newcomer (Secretary), Jessica Schneider (Chair), Monica Thompson (Vice Chair), Josh Weitzel, Doug Bylund (Staff), and Lorin Ditzler (Staff).